28 May 2018 - 30 May 2018
Barcelona, Spain, Sofia Hotel,
Change and continuity: celebrating BIR’s 70th anniversary
- In 2018, BIR will celebrate its 70th anniversary. This coincides with a growing recognition of the importance and success of the recycling industry at a global level.
- The recycling industry’s contributions to global GDP, employment and waste reduction, which indirectly also controls human health, cannot be overlooked.
- Over 1.6 million people worldwide are active in the recycling industry. Together, they handle more than 600 million tonnes of recyclables every year. With an annual turnover of more than US$200 billion, the sector is a key driver for sustainable development.
- Our industry is coming into sharp focus as an essential contributor to help meet some of the UN 2030 sustainable goals by promoting the Seventh Resource, i.e. recyclables, and above all annually saving over 700 million tons of CO2 emissions.
- For over 70 years BIR has guided the global recycling industry sector, which has grown during that time from a small group of processors and traders to a major, mainstream industry.
- The recycling industry has an enormous potential for growth and change. We hope you’ll join us in Barcelona and continue to help us drive the industry forward for decades to come.
Bureau of International Recycling
24 Avenue Franklin Roosevelt
T: +32 2 627 57 70 | F: +32 2 627 57 73
China will allow the import of high grade PET flakes and uniform batches of plastic pellets https://t.co/cTDjy5gqi5